"Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it."
Norman Maclean

Sunday, July 29, 2007

Visitor At The River

Visitor at The River
We have a visitor from the United Kingdom today at the River. The valve technician was very co-operative and did not over slept today. The valves were probably fully opened because the River was flowing at full force. Luck must be changing for me because Uncle Wong said I caught the first fish today. He blanked with Ady which is sort of unusual.

Steven, is a fellow architect, was CY’s friend. After I had taken the pictures of the peacock bass I had caught, Steven was next. The bamboo rod was bending double. Alamak – false alarm – his fly got caught in some dedris. But after a minute or two, he too managed to catch a peacock bass. A happy smile on his face while I shoot a photo for my blog.

Again, it was to Ah Hoe’s. He was closed today. But the coffee from his competitor was just as fragrant. Q, Ivan, Jimmy and Eddie joined us too for our usual Sunday morning breakfast. Then it was off to Uncle Wong’s house to have a look at the handle and reel seat which Uncle Wong had fixed for me LeoRod. PH’s rod too was almost ready. I have only one word to describe them – beautiful.

Steve with his Peacock Bass.





































































No comments: