"Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it."
Norman Maclean

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Brooks' Payne 100 Taper Bamboo Rod

Nyukoning my Brooks Bamboo
Went to the most secret spot in Singapore to nyukon my Brooks Bamboo Rod. The rod casted a #4 weight double taper line like butter. I could cast 40-50 feet with ease and I'm such a lousy caster. Definately could be more in the hands of a better caster.
"This is going to be your favourite casting rod, Billy." CY commented after trying out the Brooks on the pedestal for some temensis hiding in the weeds.
I caught some Temensis Peacock Basses with it. The biggest was about 2 pounds. The MV Brooks rod was strongly recommended by CY as the best casting Payne 100 Taper. It was also receiving a lot of recommendations in the Clark's Classic Fly Rod Forum.
Joe Bresco probably has the fastest finger in the west. From the moment I send an email to Coldwaters Collectables to the time I received the rod was less than a week. And that is after the rod was held in the customs for 2 days. Now that is what I call a speedy service.




This Temensis Peacock Bass is almost 2 pounds.

The Lesh Rod was Nyukon by this Peacock Bass.

(Click on the pictures for more.)

No comments: