"Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it."
Norman Maclean

Saturday, January 01, 2011

Miyuki Rod Landed a 4.5 Pound Peacock Bass

Happy New Year everybody.
Met up with the usual bunch of chiongster on New Year Day to fish at the river. The New Year welcome us a school of peacock basses bustling in the river.
I caught a 4.5 pound peacock bass with the weight #3 Miyuki, by Yukihito san of Japan. The peacock bass took off with the line and made the reel screamed twice. The rod was bending like it had never bend before. But small rod won the fight nicely and I landed the peacock bass.
CY brought his 2 AJ Thramer rods to nyukon them at the river. One of the rod is a Limited Edition. Beautiful rod, the Limited Edition rod. Stunning you can say.
Tomorrow we will go to wildboar country to try our luck.
Happy New Year again.......chiong ahhhhhhhhhhh..............................................


4 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice catch! I love fishing for peacock bass too. It's a great fish. Thanks for sharing.

Alessandro said...

Wow, what a nice blog!

I shall write an article in my bamboo "journey" http://www.upon-bamboo-fly-fishing-rods-and-reels.com about you!

I see you have a Christian Strixner rod!

What about adding Alberto Poratelli, Gabriele Gori, Marco O.Giardina (MOG), the IBRA etc. (see in my Europe- oriented webiste if you want!)

I am bookmarking your website

Cheers

Alessandro

A Fly Fisherman said...

Thank you Alessandro.
I am glad you like my blog.

Cheerio

Billy

TaurenChieftain said...

nice blog..
A simple definition a bamboo fly rod is a fly fishing rod that is made out from bamboo which many people also refers to as a cane. This type of fishing rod is the most preferred by anglers because it carries within it a combined strength and versatility due to its high density fiber content.
For more information about Bamboo Fly Rod feel free to click the link