"Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it."
Norman Maclean

Sunday, May 28, 2006

All Quiet At The River

All Is Quiet At The New Zealand River
Today, I was earlier than the usual time. Took out my camera and decided to shoot in the darkness to see how the picture will turn out. I was aiming at the Upper Peirce Reservoir gates and the moment I pressed the shoot button, a car came out of the drive way. Two sweet old ladies were in it. They stopped and asked me if I needed any help.

Uncle Wong and Ady to turned up and we set our way towards the river. Jimmy was already there with his friend.

As usual, Uncle got his fish first even though the rest of us were not getting any luck. Tried as I did, I couldn’t manage to get even a hook up. There were some splashing a distance away near the mouth of the bay. Saw the resident monitor lizards cross the river. A black shadowy fish swam across Uncle Wong. Could be a toman or a huge arowana.

I proceeded towards banks near the rapids to try my luck. There a very co-operative wee peacock bass obliged me for my hard work. Ady was also rewarded with a palm size peacock bass. Times up. We left the place for our usual kopi-O stall.

Sembawang Hill Food Centre.


Uncle Wong is the Champ here in this River.

Just took a picture while waiting for Uncle Wong to arrive. The car just turned out of Upper Peirce as I press the shoot button and there were two old ladies inside. They stopped by and asked if there was anything I need. Sweet old ladies. Ady getting ready As usual Wong got his fish first Sun was just rising over the horizon. I was expecting the usual peacock bass feeding frenzy. No............................ they didn't turn up to party. Jimmy also caught a peacock bass and is seen taking pictures of it. I can only stand and admire and take pictures of him shooting the peacock bass. Jimmy releasing the peacock bass. Uncle Wong casting again. Finally. Before we were about to call it a day, this wee little fellow obliged me. Jas Gordon Cave Bamboo Rod Closer look at the fly. Jimmy and his friend. Ady also had another catch before we left the place. As usual, we meet up at this place to tell our fishermen's lies. This hawker's assistant was starring at me. He was thinking I was mad. Hawker stall also take picture. This is the noodle stall which is one of our favourite. The dry noodle is delicious. When the noodles arrived, I showed Uncle Wong the ter-kwa. (Pig Liver) Never mind, next time I'll bring a CCTV. (Singapore joke) Muahahahahahahaha

No comments: