"Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it."
Norman Maclean

Saturday, May 06, 2006

New Wooden Bridge for Old Nee Soon

New Wooden Bridge for Nee Soon Completed
Uncle Chui is eager to try out his newly tied dry flies. He described to me how the Climbing Perch(Anabas Testudineus) like the dry flies he had tied. Make it sound so exciting that I just couldn’t resist the urge to go for a try.

In my hurry to get to the fishing ground, I brought the reel which had a sinking line on it. So I couldn’t use dry flies. I caught 2 small greedy peacock basses with my size 12 Charlie.

Then just stand back and watch the ever patient Uncle Chui cast his dry flies to the spot where Climbing Perches are hiding. Twitching and very slow figure-of-eight retrieves. Just when the sun was setting and I was ready to go home, a co-operative Climbing Perch took the dry fly that Uncle Chui had presented to it. A very beautiful specimen.

Climbing Perch(Anabas Testudineus) is a native species.


Old Nee Soon has a New Wooden Bridge




Still smell of wood


A new place for the water truck park to top up its water




A bunch of kids trying to catch some guppies


McDowell ready for action


Uncle Chui is also ready for action








A small peacock bass with the McDowell


Hardy Bougle reel


Show off my lip grip


Another small peacock bass


Uncle Chui using dry fly to catch the Climbing Perch






It didn't say no fishing






Uncle Chui finally caught a Climbing Perch




I hold it in my hand to take a macro shot of it. Nice specimen.






Releasing the Perch










Just like before. A wooden bridge brings back the nostalgia of the good old days

No comments: